Maritimepoker is dedicated to providing its customers with a responsible gaming environment. Not only is it our mission to provide our customers with the most entertaining poker experience but it is also our duty to help prevent compulsive usage of and underage access to our gaming products.
- Gambling is a form of entertainment. It is not a way to get rich quickly and pay off your debts.
- Gambling is a game of chance. There are no formulas that guarantee winnings.
- Make sure that the decision to gamble is your choice.
- Never try to chase your losses.
- Check the amounts you spend on a regular basis in the Cashier.
- Like many things, what is enjoyable in moderation can be disastrous in excess.
Any underage player who has provided dishonest or inaccurate information regarding their true age may have all winnings forfeited and could face criminal prosecution.
Every person signing up for a new account must check a box that indicates that they are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in the province he resides. This notifies everybody that we don’t accept players under 18.
When a player creates an account with us, we collect their name, address, and birth date to confirm that the player is of age of majority in the province he resides
We do not target underage players with our marketing and advertising. It is neither good business nor consistent with our personal values to attract underage players.
If you believe that playing games might be a hindrance to your life rather than a form of entertainment, we want to help you. First, please review the following questions:
- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to playing?
- Has playing caused you to neglect your own welfare or that of your family?
- Have you ever sold anything or borrowed money to finance your playing?
- Have you often played until your last cash was gone?
- Have you ever played longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your playing?
If you answered “Yes” to several of these questions, we encourage you to visit Gamblers Anonymous.
You can get more help at the following websites:https://www.camh.ca/en/health-info/mental-illness-and-addiction-index/problem-gambling
Also, we provide you with the ability to exclude yourself from playing for various periods of time.
Please note that all self-exclusions and time outs are irreversible for the duration of the specified time. In addition, all self-exclusion periods are inclusive of all games. Your self-exclusion will apply to your Maritimepoker Account, and to any product that requires your username to play, and covers both real money and play money activity.